Scene 6: Stars and Flowers (6)

 

Professor Schneider glanced at his watch. An hour had passed, the intruders were still undetected.

 

After the emergency was triggered, all cameras started to work, and every entrance and exit was monitored closely. They cannot escape this campus.

 

The unusual calm disturbed him. What should have happened did not happen, which is very dangerous. He couldn't figure out his opponent's identity and intentions, the feeling made him uncomfortable.

 

"Apart from Ye Sheng, is there anyone here who can use Speaking Spirit – Snake?" He turned to Manstein.

 

"I have no right to view the secret file of the Speaking Spirit, but there is at least one more, myself."

 

"Your Speaking Spirit is ‘Snake’?"

 

"My field is three times larger than Ye Sheng. If I can use it, maybe I can find the intruder, but under the 'Discipline' of the Watchman," Manstein pointed to his head. "Our power is forced to sleep."

 

"Can he lift the ‘Discipline’?" Schneider asked tentatively.

 

"My father?" Manstein froze, "impossible, only the principal can order him to lift the 'discipline'."

 

"The situation is very special, we can't get the principal's authorization now. But as long as the ‘Discipline’ is lifted, we have 700 students who can use Speaking Spirit to fight, our power will be unprecedentedly strong. Only this night, can you try it?" Schneider stared at Manstein.

 

Manstein kept silent for a long time and picked up his phone: "I can take a try, this old cowboy... is the kind of man that didn’t care his families."

 

In the attic of the church bell tower, the classic western film Hign Noon was playing, and officer Gary Cooper was walking on the street of a dusty western town with his gun.

 

The costume of the movie watcher is similar to Gary Cooper: a plaid shirt, a curling hat, a pair of cowboy boots with jangling spurs on his boots. The old guy was lying on the sofa like a huge potato, raising his feet high, carrying a bottle of beer in his hand. The phone rang and he picked it up.

 

"Are you still watching High Noon? Never bored after that many times?"

 

"Hey! Angers! Have you returned to college?" The old cowboy looked excited.

 

"Yeah, I also found the bones of Dragon King Norton. I'm preparing to do a nuclear magnetic reproduction of it." The principal said, "I suggest you watch some Scent of a Woman."

 

"I know you don't like bloody movies," said the old cowboy. "You are always the old playboy."

 

"Well, can you cancel your Speaking Spirit?"

 

Suddenly the old cowboy sat upright. He put down the bottle with a hard expression: "Are you serious?"

 

"There are invaders. Norma's judgment is that the dragons have invaded. Isn't it good for young people to exercise?" the principal said lightly. "The dragon kings are awake and the students should have practiced."

 

"Speaking Spirit is the devil in the bottle. It may not be a good thing to release it and get stronger. Are the students ready?"

 

"People with dragon blood are already fighting the devil with the power of it, isn’t it? The world can’t be protected by only both of us. We need young people."

 

The old cowboy was silent for a long time: "I agree temporarily, take care of your students."

 

He turned off the TV and sat quietly on the sofa, only the candlelight on the table illuminated his old face. How many years has this candle been lit? Twelve or fifteen years? He couldn't remember.

 

The phone rang again.

 

"Who is it?" The old cowboy picked it up again.

 

"Dad." The person across the phone sounded a little trembling.

 

"Hi! Manstein my son, good evening! Is your cold better? I miss you very much!" The old cowboy suddenly seemed enraptured.

 

"Dad, I got a cold three weeks ago. The cold will recover naturally even if I don't take medicine for two weeks." Manstein sighed.

 

"Oh... is it?" The old cowboy scratched his head. "Do you have anything to do, my dear son?"

 

"I was thinking... Can you please... I know this may against the school rules, but tonight is a special case, some people invaded, I can't find them now. They might target some very important things in college." Manstein has been hesitating for a long time. "Can you please... temporarily lift the 'Discipline'? This is a joint request from Professor Schneider of the Executive Department and me."

 

The old cowboy was silent. He was staring at the floor and stopped talking.

 

"I know that this is against the school rules. I'm sorry to disturb you to watch the movie." Manstein has been patient for a long time. He was eager to hang up.

 

"Oh...no no!" said the old cowboy. "I was thinking, is it your birthday in two weeks? Dear son."

 

"Yeah," Manstein was a little embarrassed. "I can't think of you remembering it."

 

"Then... take as your birthday present! I will immediately lift the 'Discipline' and give it to you as a birthday present, which is because I am a good father who can even violate school rules for my dear son!" The old cowboy said emotionally, "Son, you will know that it is very nice to have a father!"

 

Manstein hanged up with a weird face.

 

"How is it?" Schneider looked at him. "Never mind if he didn’t agree."

 

"No... he agreed..." Manstein touched the top of his bare head. "But I always feel... weird. When I was a kid, he was the kind of father who wouldn't take me to a roller coaster on his birthday, I couldn't find him all day long, drinking heavily and gambling, but he actually said... to give me this as a birthday gift."

 

"Enjoy the belated father's love!" Guderian patted his old friend's shoulder.

 

"That’s not the point, okay?" Manstein glared.

 

In the attic, the old cowboy drank his beer and sat upright on the sofa, blowing out the candle on the table. As the candlelight went out, a "spirit" strong enough to cover the entire Cassel College collapsed. Dozens of silver-blue beams of light rose slowly on the monitoring screen of the central processing system deep in the library meters below the ground. That is the power from ancient.

 

The students became unstable, their long-suppressed "spirit" was revived.

 

Almost at the same moment, the captain jumped out of the gap. While reading the language of dragon his figure became darker and darker, and finally, it was almost dark like a ball of ink.

 

Speaking Spirit – Shine of Darkness.

 

At the moment of landing, his figure collapsed. It seems that he was originally a piece of ink, washed away from the paper by a splash of water.

 

"Standing beside me, my field is about two meters around me." His voice passed into each companion's ear.

 

At this moment, a student passed by less than a meter beside the team, but he was unaware that there was such a smoky black smoke under the street lamp that brushed through his body.

 

On the edge of the lake at the top of the mountain, Nuo Nuo leaned out half of her body and looked down the mountain with an angle that easy to fall.

 

"Hello!" Lu Mingfei felt like it’s not suitable to touch her. "If you fall, you die."

 

"There are no more fireflies." Nuo Nuo mumbled.

 

"Firefly?"

 

"The stars I'm talking about are big fireflies. In summer, they will fly up from the waterfall, beautiful. With heavy mist, it will look like the stars are rising in a cloud." Nuo Nuo said, "You think I’m stupid? I realized it was a cloudy day until we’re at the top of the mountain?"

 

Lu Mingfei coursed in his heart. Is this girl really a witch? Everything he thought was interpreted, including those that were hidden deep... but he didn't have any deep thoughts when thinking of it. He is eighteen years old and has a beautiful white paper life, only the depth of a hair.

 

"Have you heard of Gui Xu?" Nuo Nuo stared at the waterfall. "It said that there is such a place in the sea, where the seabed disappears, and the seawater will turn into a huge waterfall with a height of tens of thousands. Here, if people fall, they will never reach the bottom, they starve to death when they fall..." Her voice was so quiet, "Soul rises slowly like fireflies, and goes home guide by stars."

 

Lu Mingfei stared dryly, this deep sea-like fable exceeded the thinking limit of a white paper.

 

"Hey, seriously?" Nuo Nuo looked down. "I can promise. Anyway, you have the privilege of dating girls for three months that can’t be refused. I can give you three months."

 

Lu Mingfei shivered. He thought that the sentence that had not passed through the brain had been automatically erased by the silence just now.

 

"Hey... probably Caesar would turn me into a eunuch with his knife called Dictator on the first day?" He scratched his head.

 

"Oh, so you want to get laid? I thought it was just dating and movies." Senior Witch looked back at him with a curious look.

 

Lu Mingfei opened his mouth wide with no sound came out. The tuberculous guy became speechless.

 

"Well, I'm kidding." Nuo Nuo shrugged. "I want to bully you when I see you, don't you think you're funny?"

 

Nuo Nuo took care of her hair while Lu Mingfei dragged his head, feeling that he was completely defeated.

 

"I'm going to be a persuader now." Nuo Nuo said, "How about joining the Student Union?"

 

"Is this Caesar's plan?" Lu Mingfei was a bit disappointed to hear that Nuo Nuo wants to talk about this when there should be fireflies flying from the bottom of the mountain on this beautiful summer night.

 

"No, it has nothing to do with Caesar."

 

"Do you think I believe you?" Lu Mingfei thought none shall believe that.

 

"You don't know Caesar yet. He is a politician, but he is very conceited, he is unwilling to spend time on attracting people. He feels that he is a trusted leader, you should follow him naturally. If you don't want to follow him, he is too lazy to take care of you. At most, when you become his blocking stone, he will kill you... This is my invitation, it has nothing to do with Caesar's perspective, it is good for me."

 

"What good?"

 

Nuo Nuo tilted her head: "So I have my first follower."

 

"Why do you need followers? Isn't Caesar's followers yours?"

 

"We are two people. I am Caesar's girlfriend, but not the hostess of the Student Union." Nuo Nuo remembered something, "Oh, sorry."

 

"For what?" Lu Ming was puzzled.

 

"It was a guy from the Student Union who told the band not to stop, probably wants to make you embarrassed," Nuo Nuo said. "But it's not Caesar. Caesar didn't care about you that much."

 

"It's okay." Lu Mingfei said, "Actually, I blamed Fingel for saying something like ‘I was also an Elvis Presley’ which ruined our escaping."

 

"Actually I wanted to save you, but Caesar would be unhappy if that happened." Nuo Nuo shrugged. "You have to take care of your man's face."

 

Lu Mingfei looked down at his feet soaking in the water. It turned out that Nuo Nuo had thought to come and save him again, but at that time, he couldn't feel it at all when she was smiling so happily. It's really hard to understand what this girl is thinking.

 

At that time, I was a bit resentful of Nuo Nuo? Why? Because I was rescued by her once and I thought it’s not right if she didn’t save me again?

 

That’s nonsense.

 

"Don't make it seem as if I will only hope you to rescue me. If there is a chance, I will do you a favour... although it seems that I don’t have a chance to do anything." Lu Mingfei pretended to be relaxed, "You are so capable, you can think clearly about everything, and you can handle your messes yourself easily."

 

"You can do me a favour now."

 

"What?"

 

"Give me a birthday gift, I guess Caesar is ready, but he is looking for those intruders on campus with Chu Zihang now I guess? Trying to be faster than him." Nuo Nuo said lightly, "Girls always need gifts for birthdays. This will feel like being valued."

 

"I...I was not prepared..." Lu Mingfei immediately started to sweat on his head.

 

"It depends on you, junior brother." Nuo Nuo spread her hands, "How can you get everything ready at an urgent moment?"

 

Lu Mingfei scratched his head: "Actually, I have a handkerchief. I could have folded a handkerchief boat for you."

 

"Man, I can't think you can have such a romantic idea! Tell me! From what romance novel?" Nuo Nuo squinted and smiled.

 

"But..." Lu Mingfei pulled the crumpled handkerchief out of his trouser pocket and opened it to Nuo Nuo. It was colourful, from mustard green to mayonnaise yellow to chilli sauce red. It looked like a faded sheet.

 

Nuo Nuo frowned: "That’s disgusting! Your tastes about sashimi are too much!"

 

Lu Mingfei put his handkerchief back in the trouser pocket awkwardly: "Isn’t Caesar still giving you a gift tomorrow morning?"

 

"A birthday gift can't be early or late. It must be delivered to her while she is waiting, and he must say ‘Happy Birthday’ himself." Nuo Nuo said, "It's different when it's late."

 

Suddenly Lu Mingfei remembered what Professor Guderian said to him: "Ming Fei, Mom and Dad love you."

 

It is true that some words can only be spoken in person at the correct time and place. He watched the people gossip Ye Sheng and Aki on the school internet and said that they should like each other very much. He thought that at the table at that time, Nuo Nuo joked that ‘why aren’t you getting married’, now the time is wrong, nothing can bring them to live again.

 

Nuo Nuo took out her phone and placed it on the rock next to it. The rounded back shell of the iPhone reflected the silver light of the moon.

 

"I was born at 9:15 in the evening, let’s wait to see if anyone calls to give a gift before 9:15," Nuo Nuo said.

 

At 9:15, Lu Mingfei was stunned. This time sounded familiar.

 

"Come on. If Caesar didn't catch up, there must be a lot of other people giving you gifts." Lu Mingfei thought even Chen Wenwen received dozens of gifts on her birthday.

 

"No, potential boys are scared away by Caesar's domineering spirit." Nuo Nuo laughed. "Speaking of it, where do you want to go since it’s your first time in the USA?"

 

"I want to go to New York." Lu Mingfei said, "I only knew one friend in the United States. His name is Old Tang. He used to play StarCraft with me. He said that if I came to the United States, he would take me to travel by the Greyhound Lines.”

 

"Greyhound Lines? It's fun." Nuo Nuo said.

 

"Said the girl with Bugatti Veyron and Ferrari. It makes people feel that you treat poor children equally."

 

"No, I mean seriously. You follow the Greyhound Lines and walk down until it’s the place you think is pretty. You don't need to drive or decide directions. Just like dice, see where you will end." Nuo Nuo said, "Tell me about your past, to kill time."

 

"Then you should say some too."

 

"Well," Nuo Nuo thought about it, "I’ll tell you when it’s your birthday."

 

"It’s a word!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scene 1: The Gate of Cassel (1)

The Prologue

Table of Content