Chapter 272 Battle for the Cowl (14)

In the dark, a black motorcycle flashed by like a gallop, there was a red figure on it.

Tim Drake, the third Robin, has the ambition to “become the best detective in the world”. In terms of settings, his skill is slightly inferior to Dick Grayson, but better on detecting.

But in fact, his combat ability is definitely not weak. In the event “Battle for the Cowl”, Jason Todd also admitted: “The kid can fight. He’s a good balance of brains and skill. Always has been.”

Unfortunately, in the end, he lost to Todd, because he “fight in battle only like Bruce taught him to fight” and “have his same moral compass”, so in the face of Todd, who has no bottom line, the failure of Tim is reasonable.

Seeing that who comes was such a good young man who was gentle and conscientious, Feng Bujue felt a lot free.

“God… this is like a missile attack…” Tim sighed as he stood on the top of a building, looking at the ruins of the factory in front of him.

Some fire trucks were parked in the immediate vicinity of the incident, and firefighters were still busy. Police have established extra-long cordons to stop journalists and nearby civilians from arriving. Although the scale of the explosion was staggering, the fire and subsequent damage caused by the aftermath were not large and were effectively controlled.

“That’s…” Suddenly, Tim saw something. On the top of another building less than two hundred meters away, there was a figure in a long purple suit. Looking at the characteristics of this person, he is undoubtedly the “Anonymous” described by the hostages in the bank incident.

Twenty-five seconds, this was the time it took Tim to get behind Feng Bujue.

“Don’t do silly things, Tim.” Feng Bujue said with his back to Tim. But he seemed to have eyes behind him, when Tim approached a certain distance and was about to start, he said this at a proper tone.

“You are the maniac who threw dollars on the street,” Tim said, his eyes becoming hostile: “You are also the murderer who killed the three police officers.”

“I think your allegations are nonsense unless you have enough evidence to prove that I am related to these things.” Feng Bujue turned back and calmly replied.

“There are more than twenty testimonies from different witnesses in the police station, and your appearance exactly matches their description,” Tim said.

“There are many people who look like the same, Tim.” Feng Bujue said, “You can’t assume I’m guilty because my appearance ‘matches their description’.”

“When I bring you back to the police station, I think those witnesses will be happy to identify you,” Tim replied with confidence.

“Bring me back to the office? Haha… That’s interesting. Who gave you the power to arrest me?” Feng Bujue laughed. “Am I doing any criminal activity at the moment? Or did my figure appear in the NYPD wanted list?” He shook his head. “Tim… Tim… A good detective should understand that the law… is evidence-based.”

“Hmm… I know you’re a sly guy. Do you think there will be no data left after you have blown up the bank’s monitoring room, right? After a while, the police can…”

Feng Bujue interrupted Tim: “Then wait for them to restore the surveillance video. Once they have tangible evidence, come and arrest me.” He spread his hands: “Now… I’m just standing on the top of the building and watching the scenery. A legal citizen.”

“Enough! Such a conversation is meaningless, you and I know that you are the ‘Anonymous’!” Tim yelled.

“Even if I admit it, then what, Tim?” Feng Bujue said earnestly: “I can go back with you, but what happens next? The testimonies of those hostages only prove that I killed three bank robbers.” He shrugged. “My behaviour is undoubtedly a legitimate defence. It can even be said to be just and courageous, just like you and the Network do.” He stretched out a finger to point to Tim like a teacher teaching student: “I don’t know how much surveillance video can be restored, but I do don’t think you can find any pictures of me killing those three policemen. In fact, I think before you reverted to the video, I was already on parole. As for the amount of money for it, I don’t care. “

“Also, no matter whether the police officer or the hostage, no one “sees” me projecting dollars on the street. Even if you can get back every piece of money scattered on the street, you will never find half of my fingerprints.” Feng Bujue said complacently: “There is also no police officer who has directly witnessed my face.”

Feng Bujue clearly thought about everything long ago. Every step he took in the bank was meaningful: “If this case is heard, the only information hostages can provide to the police that is not good for me is… after I killed the three robbers, I used the gun coerced the hostages to put cash bags on their heads, and tied their hands and feet with plastic locks.” He tilted his head and smiled, “I can explain this about… ‘When I was out of legitimate defence purpose, after killing the three robbers, I was worried that there should be their internal response among the people present. In order to better cooperate with the police action, I took control of the situation at once and hinted that Sheriff Clapton that there are still comrades among those hostages.’ “

“Huh… Do you think anyone’s going to believe that?” Tim snorted.

“Of course there will be, this is a free country, Tim, isn’t the jury neutral? Besides… Everyone has weaknesses, don’t they?” Feng Bujue laughed darkly: “As long as I have a set of reasonable rhetoric, it will ultimately result in my trial being released because of insufficient evidence.”

“Ha!” Tim laughed too. “Just by using the word you just said to me, I can…”

“Testify to me?” Feng Bujue interrupted him again: “Then go for it, anyway, I can completely deny it in court. At that time, your testimony will become ‘out of subjective speculation, a lie made to send me to jail’.” He shook his finger suddenly: “Ah… ah… Tim, what are you doing? You leaned sideways and stretched your hands to your waistband secretly. Do you want to turn on some kind of recording device?”

Tim was found with his intent, and could not help cursing in his heart.

“Found that after my reminder, indicating that you are still too young.” Feng Bujue said: “If Bruce is standing here today, as long as I said the word “evidence”, he must have started recording.”

“You shouldn’t…” Tim said, “Not only you know my name, but even Bruce…”

“Hahahaha…” Feng Bujue suddenly burst out laughing, and stopped for a dozen seconds: “In my opinion, the identity of Batman is always a joke.

He is wearing a military level suit, costing more than one million US dollars; he can afford transportation more than 80 million US dollars; white man; 25 to 45 years old; six feet two inches tall. How many people do you think to qualify? Even within the United States, I can narrow the list down to twenty people. Not to mention in this little Gotham. “

“Who the hell are you?” Tim’s look towards Feng Bujue has changed. He realized that the man in front of him was obviously not the kind of criminal who relied on force, but the one who depended on the brain, which was particularly difficult to deal with.

“What do you think? Tim.” Feng Bujue threw the question back.

“If your so-called ‘Different Universe’ statement is true, my preliminary inference is…” Tim replied, “You are Joker from another universe.”

“Oh… you are really good. Boy. If I were in your position, maybe I would think so…” Feng Bujue said, “But I am not Joker. The true Joker will not appear because Gotham City without Batman was… too boring for him.”

“It sounds like you know the madman,” Tim answered.

By the time the conversation reached this point, Tim had understood. It was impossible for him to put out any substantive information from the man in front of him, so he began to approach Feng Bujue slowly, ready to catch him.

“I know you very well, Tim Drake.” As soon as the words fell, Feng Bujue untied the two buttons tied in the middle of his coat, revealing a bunch of bombs…

Tim stopped immediately, startled, and said, “What do you want to do… die with me?”

Feng Bujue smiled and took out a small remote control from his jacket pocket. He then raised with one hand: “Who knows… hehehe…” He said, immediately pressed it down.

BOOM–

A loud noise announced that the remote control had detonated the bomb.

But that was not a bomb tied to Feng Bujue’s body, but somewhere else.

The moment he sealed the button, Tim shook his cape with a shock. Rolling backward, he found that the explosion did not occur in front of him but further away.

“What’s going on…” Tim stood still.

Behind Feng Bujue, about a hundred meters away, was another high-rise building where the explosion occurred. After the blast, a huge curved gap was left on the exterior wall of the building like a smiley face.

From the perspective of Tim, the burning smile was hovering in the sky behind Feng Bujue, looks exactly like the smile on this lunatic’s face.

“Even now, Tim, you still don’t have enough evidence to send me to prison.” Feng Bujue shook his hand and threw the remote control in the roof outside, “You saw me pressed something when the explosion happened, but this doesn’t prove anything. Maybe you can find a broken remote control on the street, but there are no fingerprints on it.” He smiled evilly: “See… when you need to pay attention to evidence, the offenders became easier to escape. The law in this country is a joke. Tim, countless true evildoers have been freed, and many good people have been ruined by this system because of a little negligence for the whole life.”

“What the hell do you want to do!” Tim shouted, but he still couldn’t get forward, after all, Feng Bujue’s bomb hadn’t explored yet…

“My purpose is difficult for you to understand.”

“I can try.”

“Don’t bother, I don’t intend to tell you.” Feng Bujue replied, then pointed his finger at the explosives on his body: “In short, what you should realize now… these bombs are not for fools, I have the determination and I will never be caught by you.” He paused and said, “Don’t talk to me about the law, you are not behind the law, but justice. Even Batman cannot deny that justice requires strength to support. And you… Tim, are not qualified.”

Feng Bujue said as he stepped back, standing by the railing on the rooftop: “There are two things you need to know.” He took a cell phone from his pocket and threw it to Tim.

Tim’s dynamic vision was excellent. He saw that it wasn’t a hidden weapon flying over, and reached out to catch it.

“When you open the notepad, there are three sets of numbers in the first file. The numbers indicate the coordinates of a bomb.” Feng Bujue said, “The bomb is located in an apartment one mile away, and it will explode in ten minutes.” He paused for two seconds, and then said, “The second thing is, if you or other people from Network meet several other travellers from another universe like me, don’t believe any words they say, when they say that they are not hostile or surrender, you should be motivated… that is a start to their killing.”

At this point, Feng Bujue leaped backwards and jumped directly from the high-rise building.

Tim quickly chased to the rooftop and took a look, but he can just see Feng Bujue opened a rectangular paraglider in the air and flew away…

“Oracle, can you hear me? I’m Tim.”

“Hey, Tim, is there anything wrong? I heard you went after that…”

“Well, Barbara, there is no time, listen to me first.” Tim interrupted: “I’m going to dismantle a bomb installed by a lunatic, please tell all the members of Network.” When he said this, he was already running. Using ropes and flying hooks, Tim easily came to the original building and began to go down, ready to jump on his car with speed over 300km/h. “Let Dick beware of the two travellers from another universe. Their surrender is likely to be an illusion, and they must be detained in a super-criminal cell, strictly guarded!”

……

Five minutes later, Feng Bujue, who had landed two streets away, had taken his parachute and walked in a small street leisurely. He walked straight to a luxury car parked on the street, reached the back seat, and entered the door.

In the back seat of the car, a tall middle-aged man was sitting. The right half of his face was normal and his hair was well-formed, while the other half was festering and skinless. His hair was cut and blown. His suit was also very special: The right half is black and the style is calm and solemn; the left half is fancy and striped, which looks like the usual dress for a mafia.

Feng Bujue sat politely opposite Two-Face, picked up a bottle of whiskey from the mini bar, and poured himself one. “The fish is hooked, let your people get ready.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scene 1: The Gate of Cassel (1)

The Prologue

Scene 0: Bai Di City